Bike grease considers as one of the most unwashable stains. Every owner of a bicycle knows that. Riders can get grease stains even when they are riding. We usually use grease to get smooth operation of the chain, although grease forms a black color stubborn liquid when dirt, dust mix with it. But never feel tensed if you get a stain from bike grease because here, you’ll find the multiple solutions of how to get bike grease out of clothes.
Though it is challenging to get the satins entirely out of our clothes, not impossible, fortunately, there’s some way, and we recommend you to follow them strictly. Otherwise, stains may get the even worse condition.
Ways of Removing grease from Clothes
Alright, before starting the processes, there’s something every biker should know. The removal efficiency of grease stains largely depends on how fast you can clean the stain. Recommendation is, do not leave the cloths idly, treat them with the ways you are going to know here as soon as possible.
Using Dish soap
Dishwasher liquid or soap is a perfect solution for treating grease stain on cotton fiber and synthetic cloths. Here you’ll find the process stepwise.
- Mix the baking powder with dishwasher liquid. Consider a bit more amount of baking powder because we need to make a concentrated solution.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub the stained spots on the cloth.
- Now let it dry for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, run water on the stained spot to remove the grease. It would be better if you give the water force directly on the opposite side of the fabric.
- Now check if the stain is removed completely or not. If you find a faint sign of the stain, then you may have to apply the paste and scrub the sop again.
- Finally, let the cloth dry the wireline.
Note: Please do not forget to check on the cloth’s caring label if the dishwasher is allowed to use it. This method is for fresh grease stain. Don’t think you can not apply this process on the dried old grease spot. Hence you have to apply cornflour on the stain first.
Using a Delicate Fabric or Towel
- Firstly, use a dry towel or tissue paper to blot the stained area carefully. Do not try to rub the spot. Then the stain may get even worse. Just rub the towel/ paper on the spot.
- Now apply baby powder/baking soda/ cornstarch any of them and let them sit on the spot for several hours. Better, you leave the cloth in this way overnight.
- After a couple of hours, you have to take out the powder from the spot. Use an old dry toothbrush or a brash for cleaning clothes. You can also eliminate the powder by shaking the cloths. Which way you prefer, do not apply water to remove the powder.
- Check the spot carefully. If there’s no sign of stain, leave the cloth on in laundry.
- In case the stain doesn’t lift, apply cornstarch over the stained spot and wait for some time. After a couple of hours, brush the cornstarch off the place. Dampen a clean microfiber cloth in vinegar and rub the spot with it.
- Then again, use a dry brush to clean up the spot.
Note: Before knowing the methods of how to remove black grease from clothes, everyone should see the affect of grease on different fabrics. That’s why do not get to read the care label first. If this cloth needs dry cleaning, take it to the professional laundryman.
Using Rubbing Alcohol
First, check the care the fabric has suitable for rubbing alcohol techniques. You can find it on care labels or searching on the internet. The Rubbing Alcohol Stain removal method doesn’t harm cotton, jersey, canvas, and polyester fabric.
- Firstly, soak a cotton swab into rubbing alcohol. Then blot the soaked cotton swab on the stained spot gently. Make sure all of the stains get soaked by the cotton swab.
- Leave the cloth in this way for several minutes.
- Rinse the stained spot with hot water and let the spot dry. Then launder the garment.
- If it doesn’t work out the way you want, then apply hairspray or WD-40 on the spot. Again, leave the spot like this for another 20 minutes. Finally, rinse the spot with hot water.
Note: If you want to know how to get lithium grease out of clothes, then the process is for you. Moreover, this technique is for more stubborn stain and normal grease stain.
If you need to know how to get a bike chain grease out of clothes for the toughest stains, you can use borax. Better is, you take the cloth to the professional cleaner. Repeatedly scrubbing on the stained spot is not a good solution. Also, strong chemicals can damage the fabric as well.